Transporting healthcare products by air requires complex logistical processes, specific equipment, storage facilities, harmonized handling procedures to maintain shipment integrity. The Temperature Control Regulations (TCR) is a comprehensive guide designed to enable stakeholders involved in the transport and handling of pharmaceutical products to safely meet the requirements.
Main features of the Temperature Control Regulations (TCR):
– Provides the requirements and standards for the transportation and handling of time and temperature sensitive healthcare products, including pharmaceutical product information
– Allows access to the current and most efficient practices for pharmaceutical operations in compliance with international or local regulations.
In the 2020 edition, there are a number of notable changes:
– Provides the pharmaceutical industry with specific business expectations in the TCR Chapter 17 when applying IATA Special Handling Codes;
– Enhances the requirements to include a 24h emergency contact and their coordinates to be specified on the Air Waybill;
– Includes amendments and updates to the IATA CEIV Pharma Guidelines and Audit Checklist.